When the winter winds begin to blow and the flurries start to fly, we sometimes are more reluctant jump into exercise and more likely to grab the cozy blanket on the couch. Getting your regular exercise is important all year around; however, even if you're not up to par on your workouts, there is much value in at least finding time to stretch on a regular basis.
If stretching is a bit of a "stretch" due to discomfort, remember to keep your CBD Relief Topical by your side to maintain loose, comfortable muscles before, during, and after your winter routine. Not only can it be used for a remedy, but also as a preventative method when you apply before any kind of activity or stretch.
Check out these 10 benefits of doing a daily stretch below:
- Stretching helps improve the flexibility of muscles and joints. Increased flexibility contributes to better range of motion in joints, making daily activities and exercises more comfortable and efficient.
- Regular stretching helps to enhance the elasticity of muscles and tendons. This increased flexibility can reduce the risk of injuries by allowing joints to move through their full range without strain.
- After a workout, stretching aids in the recovery process. It helps to reduce muscle soreness and stiffness by increasing blood flow to the muscles, carrying oxygen and nutrients essential for repair.
- Stretching promotes better posture by releasing tension in muscles that may contribute to poor alignment. This is especially important for those who spend long hours sitting at desks, as it helps counteract the effects of prolonged sitting.
- Stretching increases blood flow to the muscles, promoting better circulation. Improved circulation delivers more oxygen to the muscles, aiding in overall cardiovascular health.
- Engaging in stretching, particularly in the form of mindful practices like yoga, can have stress-reducing effects. Stretching allows for a mental break, promoting relaxation and reducing tension in both the body and mind.
Improved Athletic Performance:
- Athletes often incorporate dynamic stretching into their warm-up routines to prepare the body for the specific movements involved in their sport. This can enhance performance and reduce the risk of injury during physical activity.
- Stretching helps maintain joint health by promoting proper alignment and reducing the risk of joint-related issues. It also supports the production of synovial fluid, which lubricates the joints.
Better Coordination and Balance:
- Stretching exercises that involve a range of motion contribute to improved coordination and balance. This is especially beneficial for older adults in preventing falls and maintaining mobility.
- Stretching encourages a mindful connection between the body and mind. Focusing on your breath and the sensations in your body during stretching can promote relaxation and a sense of well-being.
In addition to just doing your typical hold and release when you get out of bed in the morning, there is actually something called, physician-assisted stretching. This technique provides more advanced methods than just holding a stretch for a few seconds on our own. Physician-assisted stretching keeps joints moving efficiently as we age and helps contribute to a healthier, more mobile body. As we age, sometimes it becomes harder to move, but there is truth to the saying, "a body in motion stays in motion," and stretching can definitely help us get there.
Whether on your own, or with a physician, remember your ultimate comfort, Cedar Valley's CBD Relief Topical.